Watch the meeting here: City of Prescott Facebook Page
CALL TO ORDER
3. INVOCATION Pastor Matt Kottman with Solid Rock Church
4. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE Councilmember Rusing
5. ROLL CALL A. Roll Call
6. PRESENTATIONS A. COVID-19 Update from Mayor Mengarelli
Hoping to hear from the Governor about state closure orders soon.
7. CONSENT AGENDA
A. Approval of Minutes for the April 28, 2020 Executive Session, the April 28, 2020 Voting Meeting and the May 5, 2020 Executive Session. Council Memo Printout a. April 28, 2020 Executive Session b. April 28, 2020 Voting Meeting c. May 5, 2020 Executive Session
B. Adoption of Resolution No. 2020-1744 Approving City Contract No. 2019-251A1, Amending the Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of Phoenix for the Processing of Recyclable Materials. Council Memo Printout a. Resolution No. 2020-1744 b. City Contract No. 2019-251A1
D. Approval of City Contract No 2020-190 with Fann Contracting to Ratify the Emergency Effluent Main Repair on Hwy 89A, in the Amount of $62,590.18. Funding is available in the Wastewater Fund. Council Memo Printout a. Invoice - Fann SR89 Repair
E. Approval of City Contract No. 2020-191 for the Purchase of a Replacement Contender 40 YD Front Load Body from McNeilus Truck and Manufacturing, Inc., in the Amount of $119,095.00. Funding will be in the Amount of $103,639.97 from Insurance Settlement Funds, $1,000 from Insurance Deductible and $16,455.03 from the Solid Waste Fund. Council Memo Printout a. Quote from McNeilus Unit 1443 - 0ZW202004091158 b. Insurance Estimate - Property Damage Appraisers 284-002-0057
8. LIQUOR LICENSE AGENDA A. NEW LICENSES
1. Public Hearing and Consideration for a New Series 10 Beer & Wine Store Liquor License Application from Amy S. Nations, Applicant, for Gilligans on Iron Springs; Location: 1253 Iron Springs Road. Council Memo Printout a. LIQUOR LICENSE SERIES NUMBER DEFINITIONS b. R19-1-702
2. Public Hearing and Consideration for a New Series 10 Beer & Wine Store Liquor License Application from Amy S. Nations for Gilligans on Copper Basin; Location: 501 Copper Basin Road. Council Memo Printout a. LIQUOR LICENSE SERIES NUMBER DEFINITIONS b. R19-1-702
B. ACQUISITION OF CONTROL
1. Public Hearing and Consideration for a Series 7 Beer & Wine Bar Acquisition of Control Liquor License Application from Jane Elizabeth Lenci, Applicant, for Forest Villas Hotel; Location: 3645 Lee Circle. Council Memo Printout
9. REGULAR AGENDA
A. Acceptance of Low Bid from Kenson Construction Inc. in the Amount of $303,487 for the Installation of Restrooms at the USVets Whipple Street Location as Part of Plan Year 18 CDBG Grants. Council Memo Printout a. Bridgepointe-Material Cost Breakdown Summary
Blair asks what the need is for restrooms.
These restrooms were always contemplated for the domicile in buildings three and four.
Bacon/Davis requirements also had to be considered in this project.
Both resolutions pass unanimously.
B. Approval of City Contract No. 2020-192 with Fann Contracting, Inc. for the Sundog Ranch Road Water Main Upsizing Project in the Amount of $1,397,821.00; and Approval of City Contract No. 2018-119A1, an Amendment to City Contract No. 2018-119, with Lyon Engineering & Surveying, Inc. for Post Design Services in the Amount of $97,910.00. Funding is Available in the Water Fund. Council Memo Printout
a. Vicinity Map
Upsizing from 8" to 12". Needed for contractual agreements with the Yavapai Indian Tribe.
They received 6 competitive bids for this project. The bids were even under the city's estimate.
Motions pass unanimously.
Abraham Lincoln: I remember my mother's prayers, they have always followed me. They have clung to me all of my life.
(Heard in the background from Councilman Steve Sischka, "Thank goodness for mothers.")