It's time for the 2nd Annual Horseshoe Tournament, presented by the Prescott Firefighter's Charities.
Last year's Horseshoe Tournament proved to be such a fun time that the Prescott Firefighter's Charities decided to do it again, although they've made a few changes this year. According to Fire Inspector Kristi Gagnon, who is organizing this event, they listened to the comments from last year and made some improvements:
- All players (no matter age) will throw from the same line
- The price of food is included into the registration
- Only $15 for 2 plates rather than $10 per plate
- The Firehouse Kitchen is providing the catering
- And to address the number one complaint, we will allow alcohol in the pit area (please be respectful and responsible).
Prizes and trophies will go to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. There will be raffle prizes throughout the day.
When: Sunday, May 23 at 10:00 am
Where: Watson Lake Park - 3101 N. State Route 89, Prescott, Az
Not into playing horseshoes? C'mon down anyway. There's plenty of other things to do for folks of all ages, such as: listening to the live music, jumping in the inflatable bounce houses, and eating some terrific food. You can also go for a walk around the lake, or bring a pole and try some fishing. There's even a playground for the kids. Event attendees can even park for free!
All proceeds to benefit Prescott Firefighter's Charities.