The post-hospitalization patient requires regular observation and care in the critical days and weeks following a hospital discharge. While a family member may have the best intentions when deciding to serve as a caregiver for a recently hospitalized loved one, the burden is often too great for an untrained caregiver. We find that the patient often feels fatigued and family members often feel confused or helpless. Family caregivers often experience clinically significant symptoms of depression as a result of the added responsibility and stress associated with caregiving.
Home Care Assistance Prescott has professional, trained, compassionate caregivers available to provide post-hospitalization care. Our care managers can provide expert planning and coordination as your loved one exits the hospital and begins recovery at home. They are experienced in the recovery and rehabilitation process and can serve as a constant source of support for discharged individuals. Home Care Assistance’s Transition Home™ Package helps families manage the discharge process, provides a seamless transition from hospital to home and promotes effective rehabilitation for your loved one.
Our Transition Home™ Package:
- A consultation and personalized Care Plan developed over the phone or in person, based on your preference.
- An expertly trained caregiver who will meet you and your family in the hospital, in the facility or at home to support the critical initial transition.
- Support with home safety needs, including recommendations about equipment and home safety modifications to support your recovery.
- Ongoing support with errands, grocery shopping, prescription pick-up, housekeeping and other physical activities that may be too challenging for a recently discharged patient.
- Physical assistance with activities of daily living including mobility, bathing and grooming, eating and transferring tailored to the patient’s needs.
- Meal preparation based on our proprietary Balanced Care Method™ with an emphasis on healthy, balanced nutrition and regular caloric intake in line with the physician’s recommendations.
- Medication reminders, rehabilitation exercise prompts, physical and emotional support and companionship throughout the recovery process.
- Transportation to rehabilitation sessions, doctor appointments and personal events.
- Regular status updates from the care team, at your discretion, to designated family and friends.
The patient and family must make lifestyle adjustments no matter how comprehensive the discharge plan may be that was put together by the hospital care management team. Home Care Assistance Prescott's Transition Home™ Package is designed to provide care and support tailored to the unique needs of our post-hospitalization patients. Our caregivers are here to help manage the transition and help you or a loved one on the path toward a successful recovery in the comfort of their home. Contact us today!