Monsoon moisture will return to northern Arizona following the break over the weekend. This week looks almost to be a repeat of last week. Today will be a transition day, with temperatures remaining warm, mostly scattered cloud cover and a 10-15% chance of thunderstorms over the Prescott region. Tuesday will have a 30% chance for storms, while Wednesday should be quite active, with a 70% chance for thunderstorms and more wetting rains. The chance for storms decreases to 30% for the rest of the week. Temperatures will be about 10F cooler by Wednesday with the increased cloud cover. Storm motion will be from southeast to northwest.
Additional notes for the weather nuts out there:
As this weather nut is again on vacation, I have no additional notes. Hopefully you all will get over this … J
With best regards from the White Mountains,
Met Mail is an unofficial weather discussion and forecast transmitted once or twice a week via e-mail by the Embry-Riddle Department of Meteorology (http://meteo.pr.erau.edu/). Embry-Riddle offers an undergraduate bachelor-of-science degree program in Applied Meteorology. Please spread the word to all potential qualified candidates!
ERAU Applied Meteorology degree program
Official National Weather Service forecast