What: Walk for the Animals—A 1-mile/5K walk, activity fair, attempt at two Guinness World Records, and fundraising event benefitting homeless pets at Yavapai Humane Society (full event information below).
When: May 16, 2015 (8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)
Where: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (3700 Willow Creek Rd, Prescott, Ariz. 86301)
Full Event Information:
A Howlin’ Good Time to be had at 4th Annual Walk for the Animals
PRESCOTT, Ariz.,(May 4, 2015) – Yavapai Humane Society invites animal lovers far and wide to its the 4th Annual Walk for the Animals on Saturday, May 16 at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (3700 Willow Creek Rd, Prescott, Ariz. 86301).
The event is a 1-mile and 5K walk intended to raise awareness for animal welfare, bring together animal supporters in our community, and fundraise $60,000 to support the life-saving programs YHS provides to Yavapai County.
Hundreds of dogs are expected to bring their people out to this region’s premier pet lover’s event to stroll or run the 1-mile and 5K course. The Walk for the Animals also offers fun activities, which will be available through noon for all on 4 paws and 2 legs:
- Magic 99.1 Strut Your Mutt contest, where contestants can enter to win first, second, or third place prize in any of three categories: “Best costume,” “Best trick,” or the “Owner look-alike” categories
- A “Barketplace” of pet-friendly vendor booths
- An animal wellness tent offering low-cost vaccinations and microchips
- “Doga (dog yoga) by Whisker’s Barkery
- Attempts at two Guinness World Records! 1) The most dogs simultaneously doing Doga, and 2) The most dogs simultaneously sitting
- Pet grooming demonstration and tips by Donna’s Pet Salon
- Agility course and rally ring by Tail Wagg’n Agility
- Pet Communicator Maia Kincaid, Sedona International School for Animal & Nature Communication
- A kids’ corner with face painting, a balloon artist, and a coloring contest
Participants are invited to register online atwww.yavapaihumane.org/walk2015; prices vary by participant type. Each registrant receives a fundraising page which they can personalize with photos and their own story about their animals to share with friends and family to ask for donations.
The event gates open at 7:00 a.m. and the opening howl for the 1-mile and 5K courses is at 8:00 a.m. Those who cannot attend the event but still want to help can raise money and save lives by becoming a “Lazy Dog” and sleeping in on walk day.
Prizes are offered for fundraising levels, including a collapsible dog water bowl, pet grooming certificate, a professional pet photography session, a custom one-on-one dog training session, a round of golf and a meal at Talking Rock Ranch, and more!
All proceeds benefit the Yavapai Humane Society, which saves more than 3,000 homeless pets in our community each year and provides other life-saving programs to keep people and their pets safe and together. YHS’ No-Kill Ethic means that otherwise healthy and loving animals are given a chance to find their forever homes. Its 97-percent live release rate is one of the highest, not only in Arizona, but the nation. As a private entity, YHS is not affiliated with any other agency or national organization.
The 4th Annual Walk for the Animals is sponsored by Hooligan’s Pub, Magic 99.1 and Great Circle Media, My Radio Place, Whisker’s Barkery, Country Bank, Talking Rock Ranch, The Flooring Shack, and other pet loving businesses, which are listed atwww.yavapaihumane.org.