YAVAPAI@WORK is your One Stop for job search assistance. Our case management structure helps you be successful in your job search but more importantly is our employment retention rate of 97%. Your success depends on your ability to alleviate barriers, our job is to assist you with your barriers to employment.
Here are a few quick tips to aide your success.
- Utilize online resources such as LinkedIn to connect with decision makers of companies. Job postings are listed daily and you can follow companies of interest
- Don’t limit your search to online; call companies of interest and request an informational interview. Express interest in becoming a team member and highlight what strengths and skills you bring to add value.
- Utilize workforce services such as Northern Arizona Council of Governments (NACOG) and ARIZONA@WORK-Yavapai County. We offer basic career services, career planning, job training and occupational training opportunities, and supportive services to assisting you in maintaining employment.
- Keep your resume relevant and geared toward each job you are applying for.
- Keep your resume 1 page, 2 at the most. If your job history isn’t as strong as you would like, highlight your skills and accomplishments rather than a chronological format.
- Have up to 5 professional references on hand. Request approval from those you are listing and let them know you are in search of employment.
- Research the organization to learn about their mission, vision, values, and culture.
- When scheduling an interview, ask questions such as whom will I be meeting with, do I need to bring anything, etc.
- Map out your interview location prior to your appointment. Arrive 10 minutes early to the appointment as there may be additional paperwork to complete. Be courteous to everyone you meet at the interview location, many times, hiring managers ask the front desk/staff on their impression of you.
- Search the most common interview questions and practice how you would best answer. Remember to always refer to previous scenarios to provide an example.
These are just some of the many tools NACOG/ARIZONA@WORK-Yavapai County can assist you with for employment success. If you would like to work directly with one of our Specialists to develop career plan that meets your needs, please contact 928-778-1422, or visit www.yavapaiatwork.com, Facebook YAVAPAIATWORK for more information.